Sunday, July 15, 2012

Apéritif.

As an introduction, I felt I should just jump in here and say what this blog is about. I am a food lover. A "foodie," if you will. I believe I always have been. The opportunity to watch or help anyone cook was always exciting for me, even from an early age, and at around 3 or 4 years old, I attempted (and actually was doing fairly well) at making my first fried egg. (Everyone freaking out and the lecture I got, along with a serious timeout, after wasn't so great, but I got the pan, turned the stove on, put the butter in it and even cracked the egg!)
As I got older and was given the basics, I started getting really good at cooking, and thanks to cooking shows entrancing me, and then the invention of the Food Network, I learned a lot on my own. The internet became my best friend for exploring plausibility of ideas I had, and then I took a year of a cooking basics class in high school that really gave me a leg up. I longed for the adventure of a culinary arts education, but as a realist, the expensive school didn't seem plausible for the pay most people would make from it as a career.
Now, my life is spent with each day of my personal life going on as it should, but food always being a focal point for me.
I run my own small hobby-business doing baking and candy-making, and I use any excuse to cook that I can.
This blog, therefore, will be my own cooking-adventures diary. :) Welcome, enjoy, and bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment